This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new iPod

I bought a brand new 120gb iPod Classic today, and I'm having a little trouble with it.

At 1st I tried hooking it up and dragging and dropping files onto it. I quickly realized that it was not picking up the tracks after that, so I reconnected it and moved all the files that were on it to the trash can. I figured I would try a program like Banshee to sync the tracks to it, but now my computer won't even pick it up after I connect it.

What am I doing wrong
    &quot;All of our motivations fall into three basic categories...&#39;survival&#39;, &#39;social life&#39;, and &#39;entertainment&#39;.&quot; - Linus Torvalds<br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; GNUway Tech

Re: My new iPod

I've tried hooking it up to 2 computers and both of them are doing the same thing. They're not even picking it up as being connected. Now I can plug something else into one of those USB slots and it'll pick it up just fine. I'll get the little message in the lower right hand corner of the screen saying a new device has been found.

I tried resetting the iPod to see if that might correct it, and still nothing.
    &quot;All of our motivations fall into three basic categories...&#39;survival&#39;, &#39;social life&#39;, and &#39;entertainment&#39;.&quot; - Linus Torvalds<br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; GNUway Tech

Comment

iPod dont use the standard drag and drop method of most usb player, but an internal database.
      You need an app that support it. Amarok should do it.

Comment

You can install gtkpod. Yes, it's a Gnome utility, but it works:
        gtkpod is a platform independent GUI for Apple's iPod using GTK2. It
        allows you to upload songs and playlists to your iPod. It supports ID3
        tag editing, multiple charsets for ID3 tags, detects duplicate songs,
        allows offline modification of the database with later synchronisation,
        and more.
        Available for installation via Adept Manager, Synaptic, or from the CLI.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I've got a program that will sync it now. The problem is that Kubuntu won't even pick it up as a connected device anymore. If I plug it into the USB slot, Kubuntu won't even see it there, and neither will the programs. I don't see as how just deleting the files that were on it should do that to it.

I've tried it in 2 computers, and they both do the same thing. They will pick up anything else I plug into them, but not the iPod. I called Apple for help and, of course, they just dismissed me because I'm running GNU/Linux instead of Windows or MacOSX with iTunes. I'm gonna have to try it in a Windows or Mac computer with iTunes if I want their help.

They just insisted that the problem is the operating system, which is a crock. If I can't get it to work with Kubuntu, then I'm gonna take it back and get my money back. I would take it back today, but the store is closed until Monday.

Comment

Working...
          X