• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Printing Problems [SOLVED]

Hi All,

This is a weird one.
    Setting up a fresh install of Intrepid.

Set up two network printers with CUPS. Both printers are HP. Both printers will successfully print a test page.

When printing a pdf from Okular, both printers register the incoming activity (lights blink), then stop blinking, no paper prints. Same when trying to print from Firefox3. Same when trying to print from oo3.

Any ideas?
    TJ<br /><br />Shuttle SN68PTG5<br />AMD 64 X2 6000<br />nVida GeForce 7050PV/inForce 630a<br />4GB Memory

Re: Printing Problems

Truly bizarre. Can you print from other computers?
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Yes, I have another similar box with Ubuntu 8.04, and it prints to the same printers.

I thought, at first, that perhaps I was going slightly mad . . . however I double checked all the settings and test printed documents.

Only obvious difference is Ubuntu box is cups 1.3.7; the Intrepid box is cups 1.3.9.
      TJ<br /><br />Shuttle SN68PTG5<br />AMD 64 X2 6000<br />nVida GeForce 7050PV/inForce 630a<br />4GB Memory

Comment

New day, new luck. Obviously the third app is not talking to your printers properly. My guess is that the paper format is wrong. Don't the printers say anything pertinent when they refuse to cooperate?

Have you looked at the printing dialogues from Okular, Firefox at al in detail to check all the settings?
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: HP Printing Problems [SOLVED]

New day brings new insights indeed!

The fix was not of my own accord, but rather an update of the hplip to version 2.8.12 as suggested @
          http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html

Comment

Working...
          X