X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um My CDRom drives disappeared?

Hey Everyone,

Ok so I'm getting ready to rip some cd's tonight and none of my drives show up under media I tried to use
    mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/cdrom1 /media/cdrom
    but it says that the file system is not specified correctly.
    In the past anytime I would put in a cd it would just automatically notice it and run with it so this is a new one on me.

Just an FYI I have two drives one is just a standard CDRom drive and the other is a DVD Burner

Any help you can provide on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you all and have a great night.
    Kubuntu II on both Laptop and Desktop and some servers here at the office

Re: Um My CDRom drives disappeared?

Fuzz4,

I have the same problem. I recently had to reinstall 8.10 after an upgrade that didn't seem to go too well and a RAID problem...

Since upgrading, I cannot seem to use either my DVD-RW drive, or my DVD-ROM drive. I have played with the fstab settings, and have googled galore. There is a suggestion that putting acpi=off as a kernel boot parameter might help. I have changed GRUB and will reboot later when I have finished downloading and let you know how I get on. However, I don't know what effect this change will really have - and whether it disables anything else that I need as well.

However, I'm not holding my breath that the kernel option will work. I know that I have two drives (both IDE), and yet a quick look in my /etc/fstab shows only one of them (a CD-ROM drive!) that shows as /dev/scd0. As far as I know, scd0 is for the first SCSI drive (of which I don't have any!).

I am not a genius on this stuff at all. But I think that I would need to change fstab to install both drives, as IDE drives (/dev/hda, /dev/hdb etc etc ) but trying to mount them with:

Code:
    sudo mount -t iso9660 /dev/hda /media/cdrom0
    only returns the fact that /dev/hda does not exist.

Anyway, at the moment, neither of the drives seems to work - at all, since I upgraded... Will post if I get any changes.

Thanks,

Bag

Comment

Working...
    X