X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

graphics sluggish and not very fluid

Hi guys,

I've got a small problem with the graphics of my laptop running on Intrepid. my laptop is a Compaq Presario 900 with a 1.3 ghz AMD Athlon XP processor 1 Gb ram and a ATI RADEON IGP 320M chip set for the graphics. I don't know if I have to download something extra but all the nice features like animated window appearance don't seem to work well or very slow or not fluid. does anyone have an idea what might be wrong.

It is one of those things which you, I suppose need to see but hopefully someone experienced something familiar and found a solution.

O yeah I run the 32 bits version

Many thanks people,

Regards,
    Finally free from windows Hooray<br /><br />Martijn

Re: graphics sluggish and not very fluid

did you install the ATI drivers from Kmenu >Applications >System >Hardware drivers??
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Hi,

When I open hardware drivers it is empty?! it says "No proprietary drivers are in use on this system"

I looked what I have installed in adept manager and I downloaded the ATI Raedon driver I now have to enable it I guess. I am gonna dig how to do that but if anyone has an idea how to do that thank you very much .

greetings,

Comment

in the Hardware Manager, if it detects your ATI card you should just have to click Enable it would then download and install the driver.
        &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Hi,

the enable button is grey and the fields are empty. Dunno what to do !

Thanks very much

Comment

which driver did you install?
            I don't have my laptop with me right now (which has an ATI card) but, I think you need to install the xorg-driver-fglrx package from the Restricted repository.

http://linux.about.com/od/kubuntu_doc/a/kubudg38t06.htm

Comment

I think ATI dropped support for your card...it is no longer included in the ATI driver.
              Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Originally posted by CVPunk
                which driver did you install?
                I don't have my laptop with me right now (which has an ATI card) but, I think you need to install the xorg-driver-fglrx package from the Restricted repository.

http://linux.about.com/od/kubuntu_doc/a/kubudg38t06.htm
                Did this and lost my system it went to a command line where it asked for my system password which didn't work anymore now I still have installed Ubuntu hardy but I prefer KDE intrepid

cheers guys.

Comment

Working...
                X