This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter Device URI ?????

KDE 4 sucks big time. I'm used to going to the system settings and seeing a printer configuration. Long story short, I have found the printer configuration application, thanks to much searching and reading. But when I try to add my Canon MP210 printer, I get a blank space that says "Enter Device URI". WTF? I don't even know what that is. Can someone point me in the right direction? I am not good with command-prompt stuff. That's why I like KDE. But I am stumped, not to mention frustrated.

Re: Enter Device URI ??

bump

Comment

I can't believe so many people are using KDE 4 without printers. This is obviously the case since no one seems to know how to configure them. Amazing...

Bye Bye KDE 4!!!

Comment

Bye.

For any other Linux distribution however, you'll need the printer installation guidance found at #13 here:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3099811.0

Comment

Where do I check the printer configuration settings in my 8.10/KDE4? Never thought to look. HP printer just works. Of course, it only prints when I click Print, but that's usually enough.
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

http://localhost:631 is a pretty reliable place to look, Mike.

Comment

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I guess I'm lucky. I just installed 8.10 yesterday and it automatically detected and added my HP LaserJet 1020. I haven't tried printing to it yet, though.

Comment

Working...
                X