X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up a new server can't see Hard Drive

Hey Everyone,
    Ok so I got my first Kubuntu server going live here at the office Only took a year of nagging before the boss gave me the go ahead on it. Anyway it's an HP DL 185 G5 during the live boot I installed gparted but gparted was unable to see the HD"s on the raid controller but the partition editor that comes with the live cd can see the HD's though. So what I am wanting to do with this server is were going to use Bacula to replace crappy ntbackup and backup all of our files to the hard drives in this server and then on Friday's we'll unmount one of the drives and swap them out. So anyone got any ideas how to go about getting my other drives to show up? Thanks in advance for your help with this.
    Kubuntu II on both Laptop and Desktop and some servers here at the office

Re: Setting up a new server can't see Hard Drive

Also if anyone knows the name of the partition editor that the Kubuntu installer runs during the install would be great too.

Comment

The *buntu installer is something called Ubiquity, about which I know nada.

I'm surprised at your report that GParted won't work -- but I have only ever used it on one RAID setup, which was a hardware RAID on a Windows box. On that one, when I booted a GParted Live CD, it showed both the drives individually.

Comment

Yeah I know it's weird. GParted shows that there are no drives in my system but obviously they are there since it's up and running and I just got done installing Bacula on it so I'm not really sure what else to do to get my secondary drive up and running in the server. After I get done testing the new backup solution with this server it will have 12 Hard Drives in it so if anyone knows how to get the other drive to come on line so I can get it formated and assign a mount point to it would be great. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Pay attention to the "mode" setting, if these are SATA drives. AHCI is one that works for my Intel motherboards.

Comment

Yes they are SATA drives. What is AHCI?

Comment

Um yeah never mind the last question I just realized what I asked is a Bios setting.

Comment

Working...
              X