X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: QuickCam Express

OK, good.

Well, I cannot understand why the copy command appears not to copy it to /tmp/gspca when you do that.

If you can get to the /tmp/gspca$ prompt again, try just this command:

Code:
    sudo cp /home/brian/Desktop/gspca-a977610d3be0.tar.bz2 .
    Then do
    Code:
    ls
    and see if the file is there.

If it is not, there's another way. Alt-F2 "kdesudo dolphin" with no quote marks will hope Dolphin in Super User mode. You can browse to your /home/brian/Desktop folder, right click on the gspca-a977610d3be0.tar.bz2 file, choose "copy" and then browse to the /tmp/gspca folder and click "paste" and it will copy the file there. Then you can right-click it and choose "Open with Ark" and then in Ark you can choose "Uncompress Here" to get it uncompressed. But first try again the way I wrote it.

Comment

brian@ubuntu:~$ sudo cp /home/brian/Desktop/gspca-a977610d3be0.tar.bz2 .
      [sudo] password for brian:
      brian@ubuntu:~$ ls
      description.xml gspca-a977610d3be0 Mail4_0_1.png Pictures
      desktop gspca-a977610d3be0.tar.bz2 META-INF Public
      Desktop licenses Music readmes
      Documents __MACOSX Paths.xcu Videos
      brian@ubuntu:~$

Comment

Forgot to mention when i press they appear, they are all different colours

Comment

Well Dibl
          I did just as you posted and now my webcam works
          I just want to say Thanks for this easy to follow ins.

I have run the command with Skype and it works well, camaroma is not that good.
          With camaroma the colors are well way off. As I have no need for that its no big deal.

Thanks.

Noel Vh
          ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Comment

I'm using Ekiga - I like it better than Skype, it's open source, free and works.

@joiner, did you attempt the second method that I suggested, using Dolphin in super user mode? You've got to copy that file out of your /home/brian/Desktop folder and into the /tmp/gspca folder, and I'm fresh out of ideas on how to explain to you how to get 'er done. I need to see a post that looks like this:

Code:
            brian@ubuntu:/tmp/gspca$ ls
            gspca-a977610d3be0.tar.bz2
            Once you can do that, then it's time to

Code:
            brian@ubuntu:/tmp/gspca$ sudo tar -xvf gspca-a977610d3be0.tar.bz2

Comment

done as you say, kdesudo dolphin when i open it it shows it empty

Comment

Originally posted by joiner
                done as you say, kdesudo dolphin when i open it it shows it empty
                OK, when open Dolphin in Super User mode, with Alt-F2 "kdesudo dolphin", you can use it not only to look around, but to copy that driver file from your /home/brian/Desktop folder to the /tmp/gspca folder that you made.

Note that, every time you reboot your system, any folders that you made in /tmp will disappear -- it is "/tmp" because stuff in there is temporary. So if you reboot your system, you'll have to
                Code:
                sudo mkdir /tmp/gspca
                again.

Comment

Working...
                X