This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse keeps locking up

I have a system that after a few minutes of use, the mouse keeps locking up. I can still use the keyboard and navigate with the keyboard, but the mouse is dead. The only thing that brings the mouse back up and running again is a reboot of the system.

The mouse is connected via USB and I never had any issues with it when I was running 8.04. Anyone else having any issues similar to this? Any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Thanks,
    -Eric

Re: Mouse keeps locking up

Strange indeed...

However, I've got a USB keyboard which I had some trouble with until I got a USB to PS2 converter - you should have one too as it usually comes with the mouse/keyboard itself.

Also, could you run
    Code:
    dmesg|tail
    after this happened and post the output?
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: Mouse keeps locking up

"The only thing that brings the mouse back up and running again is a reboot of the system." That is a bit odd for a USB mouse. Have to ask: when it 'dies' have you tried unplugging and replugging it back in? One thing that can (temporarily) kill a USB mouse is static electricity - I know; happened to me a lot. I have a grounding wire next to my PC that I touch before I put my hands on the PC or the mouse. Ensures that no static charge gets to the PC or the mouse.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X