This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notebook Sound - Periodic Chirping

I've recently upgraded from 8.04 to 8.10 on my Dell Inspiron 8500 notebook.

8.04 was working really well - 8.10 seems to need a bit of a polish to get to the same stage (for my situation anyway).

I'm aiming to clean out my problems one at a time - first one being the sound system is recognised and set up ok - can play audio no problem. But I get a low level periodic "chirp" every 10 seconds or so. The period is not constant, and depends greatly on what the system is doing. Moving the touchpad or typing seems to make it happen a lot quicker than an idle system.

From a little bit of googling the onboard sound for my notebook is a Sigmatel 9750 chipset.

The volume of the chirping seems to depend on the "front" level in KMix. The PCM level doesn't seem to change it at all.

Any ideas on where I start tracking this one down?

Benniee

Re: Notebook Sound - Periodic Chirping

*Bump*

I am bumping this topic as I just installed Intrepid on a friends HP dv4 laptop and I am having the same problem, or something similar.
    The sound seems to be coming from the speakers and gets louder or softer when I adjust the 'front' level in KMix.
    Does anyone have any ideas on this?
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Working...
    X