This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning Problems

More of a burner problem per se - the drive tray won't stay open, and I'm having trouble getting DVD-RW discs recognised. I recall reading in an earlier post that the drive tray problem is a known issue, and was wondering if there is a workaround yet?

Re: Burning Problems

I recall having some issues in the past with the hardware button not ejected my cds and needing to select eject on the New Device Notifier entry... but I think that was resolved for me now...

Comment

k3b will eject the burnt disk, but you have to be really swift to grab it before the tray slams shut again. Then it's a case of stick a pin in the hole, or restart machine to reclaim disk

Comment

Well, just tried New Device Notifier, and it works for me... as for ejecting immediately after burning with k3b, I can't say... my burn last night was a openSUSE beta5 and i immediately rebooted to test...

Comment

I burned a CD last night (after running updates) and the problem appears to have disappeared on my rig.

I also recall, prior to observing this recent success, that on the second opening of the tray, it stayed open. So you either grab quick or go for seconds. :P

Comment

Working...
          X