This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth Confusiion

With installation of v8.1 it seems I have no BT for my keyboard or mouse. I've heard there is no BT support in 8.1. Would like clarification

Re: Bluetooth Confusiion

"Bluetooth is currently broken for Kubuntu Intrepid due to a last minute upgrade of the bluez stack." (Bug 280997)

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/rele...ooth%20support
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ce/+bug/280997

Comment

It worked for me actually... I downloaded it from the adept thing in the program menu after searching for a bluetooth utility. It didn't load into the menu, so I physically had to go find where it put it after the install, and drug the icons to my desktop. One icon did nothing, but the other worked just fine. It found my mouse, and my sprint treo.

under root, got to usr/share/applications (pretty sure that's where it dumped it) still getting familiar with the directory structure.

Comment

So, now the bluetooth under KDE should be working fine, correct.
        You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
        Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
        Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Not sure if fine is the appropriate statement, but it worked for me after downloading something that said bluetooth...

Comment

I had a similar problem with the webcam. it was working fine on ubuntu 8.4 after the upgrade the camera and the device file were not able to be found. I tried to post the problem, but later, after the upgrade to ubuntu 8.10, I decided to go back to ubuntu 8.4. after is a long term release. I might upgrade later on in the near future. My bluetooth stopped working under the Kde environment, that is why this post looked interesting to me.

pookito
            You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
            Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
            Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Like I said, my bluetooth seems to work just fine. I installed some bluetooth thing, but it didn't place the program in the menu. There's one in internet, but it seems to be something related to bluetooth network, not devices.

Comment

Andreas,
                Great find. I searched for bluetooth in adept, installed anything that was uninstalled, found it in the applications directory you described and my bluetooth mouse and keyboard fired up instantly.

It also connected to my IPAQ handheld, but I don't know how functional this is yet. Anyways, thanks for the good idea. It's nice to lose some wires on my desk again.

Comment

Working...
                X