This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networkk Issue

I have been using Ubuntu as well as Xubuntu and Kubuntu for quite a while now. I own a custom computer sales and service center, and we load approximately 50% of our systems with a 2nd operating system. Sometimes *buntu is the primary OS , while at other times it is the secondary OS. Dependent upon the mood I am in, or how much time I have I will image the system , or at times, when I am bored out of my skull I will just do a freehand load.

I have never had an issue with ANY version of Kubuntu until 8.10, and with the network card of all things. Thinking it was just a bad on board NIC, I added a secondary card and disabled the on board card. Still the same issue.

The tray states the card is active, it shows connected, but no joy.

I then dropped down to Hardy Heron and installed 8.4 and wallah the network is screaming. I reinstall 8.10 and again no joy.

Whassup with that?

Like I said I have never had an issue with Kubuntu (or any *buntu flavor) other than a few little buggy twitches here and there (normally video), but usually I can keep those in check by just visiting here, and finding a few fixes.

Gotta say this place is great for technicians, especially if you need some in depth explanations.

Here's hoping one of the Gurus that frequents the board will come up wit ha solution.

I am thinking I will check /etc/network/interfaces next to see if there is an issue with KDE Manager. From the GUI side of life, all looks fine, BUT you just never know.

Thanks guys, in advance, for any first aid. I am grasping at straws here...

Re: Networkk Issue

can you post output of lspci and sudo ifconfig please
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
    X