Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Issues with Ibex 8.10 and Dell with Intel 810 chipset.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Issues with Ibex 8.10 and Dell with Intel 810 chipset.

I am trying to install Kubuntu on a Dell Optiplex GX110 with a Intel 810 Chipset. I can only get the resolution to 800x600. I've try to edited the xorg.conf and add lines to no avail. Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there a utility to run for this? I have had this box running Kubuntu 7.10 in higher resolution, but I don't remember what I modified to get it to work.
    I wish there was an easier way to solve these issues. Kubuntu is not working on many of my boxes because of video issues.
    Also, should a new section be started for just Video issues?

-Bob-

Re: Video Issues with Ibex 8.10 and Dell with Intel 810 chipset.

I have an intel 845g that is stuck at 640x480, my native monitor resolution is 1280x1024. In hardy i needed to update the intel drivers and displayconfig-gtk to get it working. The intel drivers in intrepid are broken for our chips, and since this has been a known issue for awhile I'm getting discouraged. I really like the nimbleness of native KDE 4 on kubuntu 8.10, also that (*)ubuntu is pretty well supported and usually dropkick stable. I hope it'll get fixed, kubuntu is my OS of choice.

Comment

Re: Video Issues with Ibex 8.10 and Dell with Intel 810 chipset.

I haven't had any resolution issues, but the color depth is an issue for me. I used the following line in the xorg.conf file to get around my Intel issues.

Defaultdepth 16

Comment

Working...
      X