X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video problems in 8.10

Ok, so here is the deal...

I just upgraded, my computer is a Gateway M320, which naturally means an Intel chip set.

Now here is the problem, I use a 1024 x 768 screen resolution, before I upgraded everything was fine... After I upgraded when I would watch a video the screen would go black. It would still be running, I would hear the video, but see nothing, and could not fix it, even by restarting the desktop... I would have to force shut down and reboot.

The only way I found to correct this is by lowering the screen resolution to 800 x 600... But I still prefer the 1024 x 768. If anyone has any ideas on this matter, please let me know.

EDIT: It seems not even 800x600 fully fixes the problem...

Re: Video problems in 8.10

Have you installed the medibuntu packages yet?

See Snoghow's excellent post on playing commercial DVD's.
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3086749.0

Intel video chips usually work well - how much memory do you have and how much swap - a small memory and small swap might affect video playback.
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Re: Video problems in 8.10

Swap is 780Mb and RAM is 1 gig (its a 4 year old laptop) I mean it usually works, but still blacks out every so often, if I need to increase my Swap or look into upgrading my Ram (if I can) I will. Just let me know.

Thanks for your help. (BTW if it is physical, that would make sense, since I have checked almost everything software wise)

Comment

Working...
      X