X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer instances (SLOVED)

Hi
    In system-printing there is no way to set printer instances. Does anyone know how to do so in KDE4.
    Thanks
    Michael

Re: Printer instances

Pardon my ignorance, but what on earth is a printer instance
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

IN KDE 3.5 control center you could set different instances of the same printer so for instance my printer can do duplex printing so I could have a default with it only printing on one side, then 'instances' for long side turn duplex and another short side turn and a fourth instance for photo quality printing. Then I could simply choose default, long, short or photo withoput having to keep changing all the printer properties each time.

Michael

Comment

Thank you for explaining that - sounds like a decent printer!

Strangely enough the gods have moved printer configuration out of system settings and packed it instead in System - Printing.

However, I do not think that any of the options you listed are configurable. Perhaps it is back to the good old cups interface in the browser:

http://localhost:631/

Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

That is what I am starting to think, unless anyone knows differently.

Comment

Did you see this post:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3099333.0

Once you have installed the 'Printer configuration GUI' you'll see lots more options to control printed output.
            Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

Thanks Quarkslot have done but it doesn't give me what I am after.

I have used Cups to set what I needed.

Michael

Comment

Re: Printer instances (SLOVED)

Did you look at all the options under 'Job Options'?

The first time I used it I didn't notice the 'More' switches which open up additional configuration options. Just thought I'd ask.
                Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

Re: Printer instances (SLOVED)

No I didn't notice it. Still I now know two ways to do what I wanted which isn't a bad thing.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                  X