X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GeForce 8400M G 128Mb not work in 8.10

Hi!
    The last night I have installed the 8.10 version of kubuntu and I have a serious problem to use the X with nvidia drivers. I have installed the 177.80 from nvidia site and the system fault. Also I have try to use envyng and I have the same results. Also the nvidia-glx-177 package.
    Aparently the system fails to load the correct module for any reason. I have tested that nvidia.ko was compiled also.
    So, maybe someone can help me this time!!!!

Javier

Re: GeForce 8400M G 128Mb not work in 8.10

Did you get out of the X server when you ran the EnvyNG installer? You need to get out of X and shut down the X server, then run
    Code:
    sudo envyng -t
    Here's the procedure that I follow:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...2523#msg152523

The only thing I've noticed is that 8.10 does not always auto-start the X server when I boot my system. It seems like half the time it dumps me to the CLI. But I just log in and enter startx and it always starts, so I dunno what the problem is with that. It could be something with my hardware, which is a little ... uhhh .. overclocked. :P

Also, you can't run the Nvidia driver in 8.10 on chips before the 5000 series, only "nv".

Comment

Re: GeForce 8400M G 128Mb not work in 8.10

The problem was solved under sugestion of Alberto Milone. It was a problem with the BIOS. So I had to update the BIOS of my ASUS F3SC.

Javier

Comment

Working...
      X