This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot change resolutions w/o completely freezing system

Between the times I originally installed 8.10 and every update cycle this problem has gotten progressively worse but now it is to the point where I can not use any other resolution then 1024x768.

When I try to switch resolutions the screen will set at the new resolution but all keyboard and mouse functions stop, the machine completely quits responding. The only way to restore function is to power cycle, is this or is there a known issue with the mesa Radeon drivers and xorg 7.4?

Re: cannot change resolutions w/o completely freezing system

I've got what may be a similar problem. The system boots into 1024x768 and attempts to adjust the display configuration through the System Settings GUI frequently throw my system into a black-screened non-responsive state. In the recent past it has sort of worked in that it didn't crash, but I was never able to consistently get it to actually set the resolutions I was asking for (i was trying to use two screens which may have been a complication).

I've had much better luck using xrandr from the command line. This usually doesn't crash things.

Comment

Re: cannot change resolutions w/o completely freezing system

Got the same problem that the system freezes when trying to change display settings.

I have an Intel 945G.

Comment

Working...
      X