Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xorg update just killed my mouse and keyboard!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xorg update just killed my mouse and keyboard!!!

I have just installed the latest update. I did so excitedly as it included an update to xserver.

Logged out to restart the xserver and pow! Neither my keyboard nor mouse nor integral trackpad worked. Launching recovery mode and typing dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg did no good either. Nor does the last successful boot option.

Is there anything I can do about this to roll back or is it simply a case of having to wait for a further update?

Thanks

Ian

Re: Xorg update just killed my mouse and keyboard!!!

Launch recovery mode, but use the "Fix X" option that it puts up, then when it returns to that menu choose "continue normal boot".

I'll cross my fingers ...

Comment

Sadly, nothing!

Another poster with a synaptics trackpad has reported the same issue so it looks like something has been removed that should not have been

Comment

Bummer.

Well, my experience with prior releases is that the last couple of weeks is when they fix up the cosmetic stuff. I noticed the "greeting sound" upon login to the GUI is almost complete now -- it was only playing the first 50%, so I take it they are working on the "login experience" at this point.

Comment

Working...
        X