This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do keyboard layouts work?

I'm having trouble with keyboard layouts. My keyboard has keys that don't work anyway, but when I enable layouts and pick the right one (the same one I've used in previous versions of Kubuntu) I lose things like arrow keys and the six keys above the arrows have messed up events (menu on pageup, etc.) Is it just me?

Re: Do keyboard layouts work?

I'm having the same problem getting my Logitech Internet Keyboard layouts to respond. Any help would be great.

Comment

Same problem here. Installed keytouch hoping it will work and is shown as installed and my keyboard layout active but still not working.

Comment

Originally posted by BearTard
        I'm having trouble with keyboard layouts. My keyboard has keys that don't work anyway, but when I enable layouts and pick the right one (the same one I've used in previous versions of Kubuntu) I lose things like arrow keys and the six keys above the arrows have messed up events (menu on pageup, etc.) Is it just me?
        I have the same problem, which started after adept update this evening. I tried changing layout as suggested here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/255008

No success -I am stuck without arrow keys in BASH/Konsole. They work just fine in recovery mode.

Any ideas to fix this will be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by assettt
          Same problem here. Installed keytouch hoping it will work and is shown as installed and my keyboard layout active but still not working.
          And at first I was thinking it might have something to do with being a Tottenham fan
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Running command: xev | grep -A2 --line-buffered '^KeyRelease' | sed -n '/keycode /s/^.*keycode \([0-9]*\).* (.*, \(.*\)).*$/\1 \2/p' - shows that my keyboard layout is correct:

36 Return
            111 Up
            116 Down
            114 Right
            113 Left
            110 Home
            115 End
            117 Next
            112 Prior
            119 Delete
            118 Insert
            83 KP_Left
            80 KP_Up
            85 KP_Right
            88 KP_Down

But something in X is stopping them form loading in Bash/Konsole (where I need them most). Right now as I am typing in Opera - all arrow and nav keys work fine. Is there any quick way to reinstall bash?

Comment

Originally posted by toad
              Originally posted by assettt
              And at first I was thinking it might have something to do with being a Tottenham fan
              Watch this space in May 09 when we're celebrating the league win.

Comment

Originally posted by aiyeou
                Is there any quick way to reinstall bash?

If you open kuser you can set the user's default login shell to /bin/bash.

If it truly is not installed (very odd -- it is part of default Kubuntu) you should be able to install it with
                Code:
                sudo apt-get install bash

Comment

Working...
                X