X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing?

I notice there is no printer applet under system settings. :\

I have an hp2600n attached to my network. I have CUPS set up on another machine (my arcade cabinet) running Hardy.

When I try to print from this machine (running Intrepid), I still see the printer listed (I was printing to it fine before I upgraded from Hardy on this box)... but printing to it does nothing.

Anyone else seeing similar results?

-J
    Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Re: Printing?

The printer applet has been missing since alpha 1 on my machine, to access printer config I use a browser & connect to http://localhost:631/ & do all my configuration from the browser. I'm sort of glad theis is missing as I found this little treasure & it does a real good job.

Cary
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Cary.

My problem turned out to be different: All I really needed to do was re-install the driver for my 2600n (http://foo2hp.rkkda.com/)

-J
      Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

In 8.10 beta I setup printing through Applications...System...Printing.

So far so good.

I have a Canon S900, on previous versions of Kubuntu I could get this to print using the driver for the S800 but changing the resolution to 600x600 or 1200x1200 dpi. However in 8.10 there are no options to set the resolution so my printouts are a quarter of the size they should be.

Anyone know where I can change the printer resolution?
        Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

Originally posted by quarkslot
          In 8.10 beta I setup printing through Applications...System...Printing.
          Thanks for pointing that out, quarkslot! I haven't had any more problems printing, but it's nice to know where they moved the configuration!

Comment

Glad to be of assistance; I only hope (assume?) that by the time of the official 8.10 release there will be the usual printer controls available so my printer will work properly, it's things like this that become show-stoppers and that would be a pity as KDE 4.1 is shaping up really well.
            Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

*buntu has really come a very long way in the past two years, regarding printer setups. In Dapper, I had to chase down a gutenprint driver for my Epson C84. In Feisty and Gutsy, I only had to run the localhost CUPS utility to install it. In Intrepid, it just happens -- I don't even see it happen. At then end of installation, the printer is there, ready for action. Great stuff!

Comment

Working...
              X