Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] I've lost my task bar, well, half of it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] I've lost my task bar, well, half of it.

How do I get back the open windows tabs that should be displayed by my taskbar?

They were present when I fist installed yesterday but disappeared when I gave the bar a new height. In fact, they went as soon as I clicked the bar with its setting's panel opened. I thought they might return if I rebooted into a fresh session but no, they're still hidden. Please help me get them back.

Re: I've lost my task bar, well, half of it.

I'm no expert on the matter of widgets and that's probably what's missing.

But I do know renaming the ~.kde directory will at the next start up of kde create a new default desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis
      But I do know renaming the ~.kde directory will at the next start up of kde create a new default desktop.
      Yes, but that's the definition of overkill

You can simply add the "task manager" widget back to the panel (right-click on empty space in panel, choose add widget and add the task manager widget). Afterwards you can drag-and-drop rearrange widgets by opening the panel configuration bar.

If you want to start plasma configurations afresh, you can reset plasma configurations by running:
      Code:
      kquitapp plasma-desktop
      Code:
      rm ~/.kde/share/config/plasm*
      Code:
      plasma-desktop
      (Which will only reset plasma configurations and won't touch your other kde settings)

Comment

Thank you, both of you. I thought it might have been a missing widget but wasn't sure which one it might be; should have realised it would be "Task Manager".

Kubilce, the last bit of information you provided will prove helpful for other things so I've added it to my note book.

Comment

Working...
        X