This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Office icons and part of menues gone

Some time ago I installed Open Office 3.0, using some tips regarding how to do this before it was actually available for Hardy.

Then the installation after some time got wrong, and I removed it all, trying to revert to 2.4.

This is when I lost the icons in the "tool lines" at the top, and some of the options in some of the menus.

Since I have other PCs that work just fine with 3.0, I left this one as was.

The I found this advice for 3.1:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ppa/ubuntu hardy main
    deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ppa/ubuntu hardy main

Once that's done, just add the signing key:
    sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com D2BB86E0EBD0F0A43D4DB3A760D11217247D1CFF

Now it's a case of just running an update and you'll automatically be upgraded from OO.org 3.0 to OO.org 3.1.

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

removed all, and did just that.

Only - now I have 3.1 - but still no icons and the missing parts of the menus.

Anyone know where things went wrong? Or better - what to do?

Re: Open Office icons and part of menues gone

Hi
    I've just run into the same kind of problem!!!

Have updated to OO 3.1.1 on Kubuntu 9.4 and lost all my program icons AND graphics in my documents!! The graphics just show as an empty frame with "Graphic n" as a title ('n' being a number). If I do a Page Preview or Export to PDF they show alright.

But trying to edit like this with no icons or pics is VERY difficult.

I removed the whole Office Pack and re-installed but no change.

Any ideas PLEASE!!!

IanW
    South Africa

Comment

Re: Open Office icons and part of menues gone

Hi,

try this :

1. Open OO spreadsheet

2. Go to Tools - Options - View (on the left hand side)

3. Under Icon size and style section (on the right hand side) select style "Crystal"

4. Press OK.

It has worked for me.
      Kubuntu user since August 2007&nbsp; <br /><br />CPU : Intel® Core™2 Duo processor, E6550-2,33GHz,1333MHz,4MBL2 BOX<br />RAM : DDR 2, 2x 512 MB . 800MHz . CL 5,0&nbsp; Kingston<br />VGA : GAINWARD Nvidia 8500GT 256MB, SilentFX, GDDR3, 2xDVI, PCI-E<br />Karmic Koala 32-bit

Comment

Working...
      X