X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Temp monitoring lm-sensors

@dibl:
    "It will instantly show the CPU temps and also the CPU fan speed and the rear case fan speed (but not the other two, for some reason -- they show up at 000 rpms)."

I think that's because those other two fans are not connected to the 3-pin headers on the mobo (but instead are connected directly to the 4-pin Molex connectors from the power supply).

Temperature discrepancies: Yes, that's typical/normal between reporting methods.
    For that reason, you also have be careful interpreting output from the Windows Intel Desktop Utility (IDU).

Re my Intel DG33FBC:
    From a thread in the lm-sensors mail list:
    Quote: ... nothing on the SMBus that remotely looks like a hardware monitoring
    chip. This suggests the hardware monitoring is done by the ICH9,
    meaning you're out of luck, [End quote]

The monitoring on the DG33FBC is done by sensors in the ICH9 and therefore that board is not supported (for mobo/ICH/MCH thermals).

So that pretty much closes this case.

Thanks for the info, dibl.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Re: Temp monitoring lm-sensors

Originally posted by Qqmike

I think that's because those other two fans are not connected to the 3-pin headers on the mobo (but instead are connected directly to the 4-pin Molex connectors from the power supply).
      Heh. Yep. The hillbilly who built my system just set those fan speeds to "Medium" and connected their 12V Molex connectors to the PSU 12V lines. He is one very lazy character.

Comment

Working...
      X