This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KPDF printing

Viewing a 1-page document Chart_1.pdf in KPDF, the chart is "elongated"; i.e., should print as 11x8.5 inches (letter paper printed as "landscape").

How do I get it to print landscape?

KPDF does show the correct printer, it does print normal 8.5x11-inch pages, AND under
    Location > Print > Properties
    it does show paper type correctly as "Letter," and
    the option for "Orientation" is grayed-out BUT does show that "Landscape" is already pre-selected.

Yet, when it prints, it prints on portrait (8.5x11), thus truncating the right side of the page.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Re: KPDF printing

Well ..........
    Trying to print a manual for a Lian Li case, needing landscape capability.

But I'm not so special. Since 8/12/2006 until 2/8/09 (as of today), lots of folks are having the problem:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ics/+bug/47649

Workarounds seems (1) inconvenient and/or (2) inconsistent in their usefulness.
    Of course, you can always boot into XP to print such things. Some say xpdf works; some have a Debian repository solution, Etcetera.

Apparently (?), there may be a fix for 8.10. But not so for 8.04.2.

I booted into MEPIS -- it printed perfectly -- no problems
    I booted into sidux -- it printed perfectly -- no problems (and quick)

(Tip: Different OSs may have kpdf set with different print option defaults. For example, sidux had paper size A4 set, which I changed to Letter. Another example is margins -- some OSs may have them set high, like 1.4 inches, and certain landscape docs may be truncated at those margins. Even if the margin seems preset, click the box to set Custom Margins, then do something like 0.250.)

It still won't work in (my) Kubuntu 8.04.2.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I have had similar experiences with Okular and KPDF.. so I gave up and installed Acrobat Reader and now don't have the issues.

Comment

in Medibuntu?

Comment

Yep... but actually I am currently having a conflict with it and JJ repo... there might be a newer version now and it's conflicting with the mediubuntu one... or maybe it's from teh mediubuntu repo.. i guess i haven't checked into it too much yet...

acroread

Edit: meh.. wasn't much to it.. just needed to uninstall my old acroread before the new version 9 one would install. I don't think it is from mediubuntu though...

Comment

Working...
          X