X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using Miro successfully?

Hello.
    Does anyone have success using Miro? I installed it but when I click play on anything , it shuts down completely . Any help would be appreciated.
    harecanada<br />Running Kubuntu Hardy Heron<br />Dell Inspiron 531<br />500 gb HD<br />3 gb RAM

Re: Anyone using Miro successfully?

I've used Miro before, but not since I switched to Jaunty a couple months ago.

Have you visited Medibuntu and installed the multimedia codecs?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Try running it from the command line and see if you get an error message. I had some problems with Miro a few months back. It was closing right after I clicked on it. When I ran it from the command line, the error was that Miro didn't like my video card.

Eric

Comment

Thanks ejazzkatt. I launched it and there are so many errors and things that failed to launch that I think I'll just dump it and try something else.
        harecanada<br />Running Kubuntu Hardy Heron<br />Dell Inspiron 531<br />500 gb HD<br />3 gb RAM

Comment

Are you running the version from the Ubuntu repos, or the one from the Miro repos?

I think the newest versions of miro need newer python than what is available in hardy. It is working fine for me in Intrepid and jaunty. I vaguely remember having issues with it in Hardy, but I can't remember the cure or where to find out. Probably from miro's website.

Comment

Working...
          X