X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update many computers downloading packages only once

Hallo:

I've installed Kubuntu 8.04.1 in a computer. After that I've updated system and I can see the packages downloaed in /var/cache/apt/archives.

The problem is that I've to update more computers and I'd like to use that packages to update the rest of the computers.

I tried copying then and executing dpkg -i *.deb, but once it work and others not.

How can I configure a local repository for the rest of the computers and how can I say the rest of the computers to use that repository?

Thanks

Re: Update many computers downloading packages only once

Maybe: Kubuntu Forums > Important Information > Documentation > Experimentation/Customization/Optimization > Topic: Making Local Repository

There are also:

> APTonCD
    APTonCD is a tool with a graphical interface which allows you to create one or more CDs or DVDs (you choose the type of media) with all of the packages you've downloaded via APT-GET or APTITUDE, creating a removable repository that you can use on other computers.
    > AptMoveHowto
    This page will describe how to make a cd which contains packages you have downloaded on one machine using apt or synaptic. The cd will be a repository that you can easily use on another machine using synaptic or apt-cdrom.
    > AptMedium
    Update and install installations which are not connected to the Internet with any apt-tool from an apt-medium.
    > AptProxy
    apt-proxy is a program that caches the packages you download from the Internet, to your hard disk. Because apt-proxy behaves as if it were a HTTP server with a full copy of the repositories you select, you can access the packages from other computers on your network. If a package is not in the cache, apt-proxy automatically downloads and caches it. This can significantly decrease download bandwidth and installation time when you have to install the same packages repeatedly
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
    X