This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No CD ripper for Hardy KDE 4.1? [CLOSED]

I am running Hardy (originally installed as Ubuntu, but with KDE added) and can't find any CD ripper installed. Looking for one, I fall pn soundkonverter. But it talks about an Amarok script, soundkonverter-amarok, and when I click to install that, it says it wants to uninstall amarok-kde4 and reinstall the old Amarok.

So where is the ripper for KDE 4.1? I really liked kaudiocreator, but it isn't mentioned in the package manager.

Thanks in advance.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: No CD ripper for Hardy KDE 4.1?

I have no need for the tools you mentioned but can tell you KDE4.2 is (a lot) more mature.

Comment

You don't rip?

Ok, I'll wait for KDE 4.2. I can get by for 2-3 months. (Hope I'm not being overly optimistic.)

Is the alpha 4 for Jaunty stable enough I could install it? Isuppose that's a question for a different part of this forum.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Have you tried ripping with K3b?

As for Jaunty, it is very stable IMHO, so stable in fact that I use it on both my desktop and laptop. It is, however, in development. There were some issues before, and new ones might appear.

Comment

Re: No CD ripper for Hardy KDE 4.1? [CLOSED]

Neither K3B nor Sound Juicer (Gnome) allow as much parametrization as Kaudiocreator. For the moment, I use Sound Juicer if I really need to rip.

Thanks for your help. I'll close this now.

Comment

Working...
          X