X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED - Problem with Home, End, Page Up and Page Down keys in Firefox

Running Hardy 8.04.2 and Firefox 3.0.5

In Firefox, using the Page Up or Page Down keys on my keyboard either causes the pages to display inconsistently or has no effect at all. By "inconsistently", I mean that pressing the Page Down key causes the browser to scroll down half a page, or two pages, or go all the way to the bottom, or scroll up, or something else entirely.

The Page Up and Page Down keys work OK in all my other applications as far as I can tell.

This problem is not limited to version 3 of Firefox; it was happening on v2.x.y.z also.

This does not happen with Firefox under Windows XP running on the same hardware.

I was unable to find anything about this issue by searching the Kubuntu forums with various combinations of the words "problem", "page", "scroll", "up", "down", and "firefox".

Thankx in advance for any pointers.

--champted

Re: Problem with Page Up and Page Down keys in Firefox

While in Firefox, hit "F7" and see if "Caret Browsing" is turned on. If it is, turn it off and see if that fixes the problem.

Comment

Re: Problem with Page Up and Page Down keys in Firefox

Thank you, Detonate, that fixed it. I'd never heard about "caret browsing" before your post.

How did you know that that was what it was?

--champted

Comment

Re: SOLVED - Problem with Page Up and Page Down keys in Firefox

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago with the "Home" and "End" keys no longer working. I googled it found that answer. I don't know what it is either, and I certainly don't need it.

Comment

Re: SOLVED - Problem with Home, End, Page Up and Page Down keys in Firefox

Thankx. I had noticed Home and End, but had forgotten to search for them or to mention them in my post.

I modified the title to include "Home" and "End" to assist anyone searching for those terms on the forum. (That way, either you or I would be able to find your fix by using the search terms we tried in the first place - )

Comment

Re: SOLVED - Problem with Home, End, Page Up and Page Down keys in Firefox

Originally posted by champted
            I modified the title to include "Home" and "End" to assist anyone searching for those terms on the forum. (That way, either you or I would be able to find your fix by using the search terms we tried in the first place - )
            Good move!

Comment

Working...
            X