This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import bookmarks into Firefox3?

I copied my bookmark file over to my Kubuntu system, but can't find a way to import it into Firefox. Import assumes that the bookmarks are to come from an existing program such as IE. There is no browse option that I can find, so I can't tell it what folder the bookmark file is in. Guess I could just browse and save them one at a time, but there must be a better way. ANy suggestions?
    AMD Athlon 64 4800x2 ; Biostar Tforce 550 ; 2gb ; dual-boot Kubuntu 8.04 & Kubuntu 9.04; Dual-boot XP & Vista.

Re: Import bookmarks into Firefox3?

Your bookmarks file is a html file in your directory. Just replace the file with the old file. You might also check out "Foxmarks" which is great. With foxmarks you save your bookmarks on the web, and you can always retrieve your bookmarks merely by installing and running the Foxmarks extension.

Comment

Re: Import bookmarks into Firefox3?

I agree that with Detonate that Foxmarks is great. In addition I find the FEBE add on most useful. It backs up your entire Firefox, add ons, settings, you name it which you can restore on a different box. Voila, you have the same trusty old Firefox on whichever machine you happen to be.
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
      X