Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm having an annoyance with the brightness of my system.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having an annoyance with the brightness of my system.

Howdy!

I'm having an annoyance with the brightness of my system. (I bet you didn't know annoyance can be used as a verb! )

I'll start from the top.
    First, I am on a laptop. (You'd figure that out on your own if you haven't already...)

Second, while loading the system, until the power manager starts up, the screen brightness is dark. (I mention because I think it is important.)

Finally, for some reason, every time the screen saver comes on, the screen will darken, the same darkness as before, and will stay dark until I load up the power manager's dialog menu and click the cancel button. Once I do that, the screen goes to full brightness. (When it is that dark, I actually get a headache looking at it!)

I can only hope that I haven't deterred you from posting yet.

I have all the setting in the power management dialog set to full brightness. So, weather the battery is plugged in or not, the brightness should still be full screen.

When the screen saver is interrupted, and I open the power manager dialog, it claims that the brightness is still 100%, but it is clearly not!

Power saver is disabled. (I don't think that matters...)

I believe that the system brightness is set to dark.

OK great, your still reading this! So, what do you think? Can you help me?

Is there a system default for the brightness?

Thanks for you any and all help!

Re: I'm having an annoyance with the brightness of my system.

You should not expect any usefull solutions untill you tell us what system you run.
    Meaning we need to know the type of video card and the driver you use, mentioning the brand and type of laptop would be a good start.

Comment

Re: I'm having an annoyance with the brightness of my system.

Does this help?
      00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Comment

Working...
      X