X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover Switch (Solved)

I used to have alt tab configured to do a neat "cover switch."
    It is not working now.
    I have configured the system every way but Christmas and the cat's meow.
    I have Compiz installed and the Compiz configurator too.
    Wobbly windows is working but not cover switch and that makes me blue.

Would someone kindly help me please?

I initially posted incorrectly on the 8.10 section. Please look at this http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3100245.0 to see some responses there.

Re: Cover Switch

might be a stupid question but did you shut off in the compiz config section the other alt+tab plugins.? and have you also set the hot keys for such in the cover switch plugin ?
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I will check those settings again.

Comment

so did that work for ya ?

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
          so did that work for ya ?
          No, something weird is going on with my system and Compiz I have the big special effects menu but nothing on it works. If I try to download and install Compiz I get an error. I am on my Imac right now but will try my Kubuntu machine later. I'll try uninstalling Compiz and reinstalling it.

Comment

When I click on the "Install Compiz Engine" and the Adept updater finishes I get a:
            Code:
            There was an error commiting changes. Possibly there was a problem downloading some packages or the commit would break packages.
            message.

Comment

Ok, I found the switch to turn Compiz on. Now I have desktop effects but I don't know how to turn on the Cover Switch.

Comment

the cover switch you can find in compiz-configuration-settings-manager.
                you can open it by typing in to a run box (alt+f2) default
                Code:
                ccsm
                or in the k menu
                Code:
                K->Settings->Advanced Desktop Effect Settings
                once you have it opened you should be able to find it in the section titled "window management"
                click on "Shift Switcher" thats the plugin you want...
                now in the config of that note there are two modes "cover" and "flip" both with options to config behavor.
                while your in this config you may also want to click on the "key bindings" area to set the trigger buttons for it.

now if you want to use it exclusively and no other task switcher you will have to disable the following plugins.
                "Application Switcher" & "Ring Switcher"
                if you want to have diffrent switchers just make sure that you set the trigger keys diffrent and you should not have any problems.

if you do not have ccsm you can get it by installing the package "compiz-configuration-settings-manager"

Comment

It was the "flip" option that did it for me. Thanks. I must have looked at those settings a hundred times without seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by rbrown3rd
                    It was the "flip" option that did it for me. Thanks. I must have looked at those settings a hundred times without seeing that.
                    wonderful now mark as [SOLVED] so others can see it as resolved. thx

Comment

Working...
                    X