X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wicd and updated kernel

Hi,

I updated to the latest kernel 2.6.24-22-generic the other day and when I rebooted I lost my network specifically wicd. I had to boot back into kernel 2.6.24-21-generic to get it back. I am running on AMD 64 PC with Kubuntu 8.04 with all the latest updates.
    Has anyone else seen/experienced this? I should mention that I did the same kernel update on 2 of my laptop's (both intel chips) and had no problem with them. I have been running with wicd for a few months without any problems with upgrades (either to wicd or OS). So I am curious if this is a chip problem or if it's just me.

Thanks

Re: wicd and updated kernel

just graded the kernel today. i had no such issue. i did however have issues when i upgraded kernel version using kubuntu 8.10, it renamed my wifi, then it stoped working and i had to basicly just re enable the driver then it worked. but that has not happened since i have been using wicd as my network manager.

this is my machine
    Dell Latitude C840 (Laptop)
    1.6Ghz or 1.2Ghz P4m depending on power conditions
    1GB RAM
    120GB HD
    Atheros MINIPCI Wifi Card
    Kubuntu 8.04
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Hi,

Thanks. On my 32 bit laptops it wasn't affected either so I am wondering if this is 64bit related....

Comment

could be as i am running 32bit version.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X