Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Mounted Names vs. Filesystem Names RESOLVED !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Mounted Names vs. Filesystem Names RESOLVED !

Please take a look at the attached screenshot. In Dolphin (top), the 78G Media is my kubuntu HD. Why is Dolphin showing this mounted when it's the root drive? That's the same as seeing the drive itself mounted to one of its own subfolders ?? In Dolphin (Bottom), you can see what happens when I go into any of the selections from the top screen and then come back again -- the listing cites only the folder names and the Kubuntu HD is not listed on itself as it is in the top window; it changes!

I would like to see the bottom window from the start, all the time when I go to "storage media," but as you can see, I do not. I certainly don't want to start changing things until I understand what's going on. Please advise.

mhumm2
    Attached Files
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Re: Question: Mounted Names vs. Filesystem Names (Changing In Dolphin)

You are simply seeing information about your HDs and folders reported two different ways. Nothing is wrong. When you click on Storage Media, you are seeing what is in the /media directory - mount points for devices that the system has configured for use. When you click on Root you are looking at the filesystem tree beginning with root.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Snowhog;

Thanks. That makes sense now that I'm reading the path of the two windows. Now I'm off to read your reply about my Krdc issues. Thanks again.

mhumm2
      "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

Happy to be of any assistance I can.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X