X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krdc Help Needed !!!

Hello;

I'm trying to help a senior family member in another state manage her Windoze XP system. I would like to use Krdc instead of paying for the Go-To-My-PC service every month.

She has a DSL modem connected to a router. She has two Windoze XP computers LAN connected to the router in order to share the DSL connection.

I can get the AP address and the IP address of the computer she wants to me connect to, but how do I enter that data into Krdc to make the connection? It would be wonderful to be able to "see" her network and be able to help her with both computers. Please advise.

mhumm2
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Re: Krdc Help Needed !!!

The Remote Desktop Connection Handbook
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Desktop remote the easy way!!!

I just tested this out and it works very well.
      Go to http://showmypc.com/ from the windows machine (the one on the other end that needs help)
      Have them run the very top most icon tha reads "Show My PC to Remote User v2952" do not click on the part that reads "Premium Features".
      This will prompt them to save the file, have them do so. Now they can run that file from say there desktop. Inform them to look for a fire wall warning and have them allow this connection. Once the software loads click show my pc. You will be given a code, this code must be given to you the one connecting. The code can be sent via e-mail right from the soft ware by clicking the envelop. I recommend this way as you can run the java applet right from you browser if you use web mail. If not just copy the code and go to the Show My PC web site and click on the link for the java app.

Once you are in the java app click connect to another computer and enter the code.

Thats it.

Worked for me not port forwarding or messing around.

Noel Vh
      ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Comment

That seems nice and easy Noel :-)

These threadw may be useful, too:

http://forum.kde.org/showthread.php?tid=9048
        http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=186812

Comment

I just ran 2 tests one to my windows pc in the kitchen, and then to the xp machine in VirtualBox on the same laptop. Both worked.

Very cool and free. Only draw back is you can only stay connected for one hour before getting the boot. But just create another meeting and you are back.

Noel Vh
          ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Comment

Working...
          X