This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adept (apt-get) problem - Solved

I'm having a problem with adept and upgrades. When I try to download upgrades either adept crashes or I get the error message; "could not resolve 'ca.archive.ubuntu.com" and also 'could not resolve 'security.ubuntu.com" I have tried changing the download from server to "main server" instead of "server for Canada" but that does not help, nor does running apt-get commands like "clean", 'autoclean", "update", "upgrade" and "upgrade -fm"
    Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can fix this?

Re: adept (apt-get) problem

Can you access the internet still?

Could you also post your /etc/apt/sources.list please.
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Problem solved!
      I changed the download server to "main server" then rebooted my computer and ran sudo apt-get update, then sudo apt-get upgrade and this time it worked. All is now OK. It appears there is some sort of problem with the server for Canada. I don't understand why it was necessary to reboot in order to make the update & upgrade commands work on the main server but that's what happened.

Comment

Nice one! Could you mark the thread solved please (see my signature).

Thanks!
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
        X