Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want quick browser / adept notifier back ..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want quick browser / adept notifier back ..

New to Kubuntu, so I installed Hardy Heron, naturally. After solving a problem with an old Savage video card I ended up with a very clean, nice looking desktop. Now I want the adept notifier back, but I not only removed it from my panel, I removed the thingy (quickbrowser menu?) that it ran in. Yes, idiotic. But can't seem to get it back. Is there a way to rebuild the desktop without re-installing Kubuntu entirely? Thanks ..

Re: Want quick browser / adept notifier back ..

there is infact a very easy way to have the adept-notifer start up with you computer and restore your system tray to the bottom panel

all you need to do is run it and shut the computer off with it on (this will work for almost any program) by default. just open up the run command (alt+F2 by default) and type.

Code:
    adept_notifier
    then you can restart and make sure it runs.
    hit ctrl+esc <default> to open view the running processes look for "adept_notifier"

if this does not work for you can can also add a symbolic link (shortcut) to it in the
    ~/.kde/Autostart folder

Code:
    ln -s /usr/bin/adept_notifier ~/.kde/Autostart/
    as for your system tray (the thing it 'runs' in) you should be able to right click on the bottom panel and "add applet to panel..." , you should be able to find it in there. called "system tray"
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Hi jae - welcome!

How did it go? Did you get it back?
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Another way of reactivating autostart adept update:

open Konsole >> type: adept_notifier

This wil open the submenu were you can switch back on the notifier.

Erwin

Erwin
        Kubuntu 13.04 KDE 4.10.3
        Linux-user since 2005

Comment

Working...
        X