X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer files to a mobile phone

Hi all,

I need help trying to establish communication from my pc to my nokia n95 8gb. When i plug the data cable in, it will show me whats on the phone but it won't let me access the mass memory and it won't let me transfer files to my phone (eg music or video). Does anyone have any ideas or recommend any software for this to occur. All replies will be helpful. Thanks heaps.

OS Hardy Heron 8.04
    Kde 3.5

Re: Transfer files to a mobile phone

hmm I use a nokia and it asks me ( the phone when I connect) what usb mode I want ...you can then choose nokia/data etc.....what does yours say?
    Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

I use dolphin and bleutooth, when you split the screen you can drag al file to it while it is still in your pocket.
      bert

Comment

hey andybleaden, my computer just asks me if i want to open with dolphin, which i do and then when i choose the data transfer on the phone it says the mass memory is unable to be accessed. I have tried wammu, gmobile media and a couple of other little programs in adept also. Bluetooth transfer works but is way too slow. Thanks for the replies. Please help, again

Comment

try it with konqueror. I never used dolphin on mine as I never found it that good when it first came out....so when I plug in the phone (using a usb) the phone asks what sort of usb mode i want (data/nokia or storage I think). the pc (konqueror) asks me then what I want to do with medium that has connected. It only takes account of my mini sd memory which is where I store all the pictures and music etc
          Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

Working...
          X