X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: /home on a thumb drive

Originally posted by Qqmike

Thanks.
    You're very welcome, and I hope it makes life simpler! 8)

Comment

I quote:

"So, (this is crazy-easy) -- you log in to your Kubuntu system and you open Konqueror or Dolphin, which will open to your desktop. You size the window so it is no more than half your screen, and you put it on the left half of your screen, and you browse to the /media/data drive, so you are looking at your data folders.

Now, open another instance of Konqueror or Dolphin, which will open to your desktop. Put this one on the right half of your screen. Now take your mouse and grab a folder from the left window, say "Docs", and drag it into the right window of Konqueror. When you let go, it will pop up a menu that gives you choices of "move", "copy", and "link here", and you want to choose "link here". It will put a folder icon with the same name, and a little curved arrow which is the indicator that it is a symlink, not a real folder."

I guess that I don't understand why one needs two instances of Konqueror to do this. I have often done similar things with Konqueror in split screen mode.

Bob I

Comment

Originally posted by BobI

I have often done similar things with Konqueror in split screen mode.
        That's a perfectly reasonable way to do it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          Originally posted by BobI

I have often done similar things with Konqueror in split screen mode.
          That's a perfectly reasonable way to do it, too.
          Another convenient way is to use two tabs on the same window. All these options are available in Dolphin :-)

Comment

Working...
          X