X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossover games - COD4

Hi all

Brand new to CrossOver.....
    I am using Crossover games on Kubuntu 8.04. No part of my system has been customised in any way. It is literally "out of the box".

I will start by saying that I know that COD4 is not supported in Crossover but I am hoping that someone can share their success story with me so I can try and enjoy this game now that I have abandoned Windows, hopefully for good.

I have managed to install the game (minus the Punk Buster) and even managed to install Patches 1.6 and 1.7. I even managed to install the patch which takes away the need for inserting the DVD.
    When I try to launch the game (single player) it seems to go through the motions, showing the splash screen and then blackens the screen for a few second. Then rather than starting the game I get my desktop back but at a lower resolution (1024 X 768).

Same happens when I try to launch the Multi Player.

So if anyone has an idea, I would love to hear from you.

Many thanks, for reading....

Re: Crossover games - COD4

Crossover is based on wine. A quick check of the AppDB at WineHQ reveals that Call Of Duty 4 should work under plain wine (the Steam version may not be so good however)

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=12804

and that with a patch you can even make PunkBuster work (whatever that is )
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Re: Crossover games - COD4

Thanks cantab... 8)

Will give it a go and see...

Comment

Working...
      X