This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML Documentation on Kubuntu

I installed the package named "kdewebdev-doc-html". The documents themselves contained an invitation to send feedback to the KDE Docs Team via an email address of "kde-docs@kdemail.net". However, my attempt to send a message to that address resulted in a delivery failure. What I attempted to send is enclosed below.

*** Begin Enclosure ***
    I recently installed Kubuntu which is very new to me. Noticing the presence of documentation advertised to be in HTML format I thought this should be very desirable for me. This is predicated on the idea that I could then use a browser that I'm accustomed to as well as being able to serve the documentation to another computer. However, these documentation packages (e.g., kdewebdev-doc-html) have proven to be problematic. It seems that they do NOT display properly in anything but Konqueror. A casual inspection reveals that absolute URLs specifying a protocol called "help" are used for some of the content. This has the affect of rendering the documents in an unreliable fashion. Insofar as the purpose for installing this documentation is to learn how to do things on this new system the idea that I have to wrestle with it to make basic documentation work is very discouraging.

I hope that I made some error in the installation and or setup that can be easily reversed in order to make this material usable in a conventional manner. I'd be very grateful for an explanation of how I can get this documentation to work on standards compliant web browsers and servers.
    *** End Enclosure ***

Re: HTML Documentation on Kubuntu

Originally posted by ajax
    I installed the package named "kdewebdev-doc-html". The documents themselves contained an invitation to send feedback to the KDE Docs Team via an email address of "kde-docs@kdemail.net". However, my attempt to send a message to that address resulted in a delivery failure.
    I'm guessing that you did this related in some way to installing Quanta.

It's possible that you were bit by a bug, in that maybe an old ]http://quanta.sourceforge.net/[/url]

and this one for Quanta:
    http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/

Maybe those will have the information you need.

<joke> Real coders use a text editor, not some GUI. </joke>

Comment

Working...
    X