This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Startup

I've installed Kubuntu like a week ago, i would like to know how can i choose the applications to run on startup, just like msconfig on Windows. In my previous Kubuntu installation i remember I've installed some package that allowed me to manage the startup.

I know i can change it with the Session Manager but i want to use that package i used on the last installation.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Startup

Go to the system settings menu, on the `advanced´ tab there is a `startup´ item. There you can add programs you want to start, if you want a specific command to run you should run it as a script.

edit: ok, read your post a little better now.. what program are you talking about??
    you can always do it command line, find the right file your `~/.kde' folder

If you want certain programs to run on a periodic basis you can also add them as a so called `cron-job', for that you can use `kcronin´ or add them manually to `/etc/cron.d´

Comment

Originally posted by jaapkroe
      Go to the system settings menu, on the `advanced´ tab there is a `startup´ item. There you can add programs you want to start, if you want a specific command to run you should run it as a script.

Huh? I can't find a 'startup' item in the 'advanced' tab...

Comment

Look for Autostart, it is on the top row, second from the left.

Comment

Second from the left is 'System Services'...
          Maybe i am not in the right place?

EDIT: I just installed kcontrol-autostart package, then i ran kcontrol and there it is! On the KDE Components tab!

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
          X