This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine 1.0.1 won't "make" (resolved)

I have decided to install Wine 1.0.1. At first, the "./configure" and "sudo make depend" steps go smoothly. However, when I get to the "sudo make" step, everything seems to work, until this moment:

../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -B../../tools/winebuild -shared ./winex11.drv.spec bitblt.o bitmap.o brush.o clipboard.o codepage.o desktop.o dib.o dib_convert.o dib_dst_swap.o dib_src_swap.o event.o graphics.o ime.o init.o keyboard.o mouse.o opengl.o palette.o pen.o scroll.o settings.o systray.o text.o window.o wintab.o x11ddraw.o x11drv_main.o xdnd.o xfont.o xim.o xinerama.o xrandr.o xrender.o xvidmode.o version.res -o winex11.drv.so -lcomctl32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -ladvapi32 -limm32 -lkernel32 -lntdll -Wb,-dcomctl32 -lXext -lX11 ../../libs/port/libwine_port.a
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    winegcc: gcc failed
    make[2]: *** [winex11.drv.so] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/@$%/Downloads/wine-1.0.1/dlls/winex11.drv'
    make[1]: *** [winex11.drv] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/@$%/Downloads/wine-1.0.1/dlls'
    make: *** [dlls] Error 2

What is this -lXext that it can't find? It should be installing properly... has anyone else experienced this error?
    Sony Vaio VGN NR260E<br />Linux Kubuntu 9.04\Windoze 7 Professional<br /><br />Sony Vaio VPCF1190X<br />Linux Kubuntu 10.04/Windoze 7 Home Premium<br /><br />Linux user #478627

Re: Wine 1.0.1 won't &quot;make&quot;

No help here for your question... but 1.1.7 is available pre-maked from the repos, just in case...

For Ubuntu Intrepid (8.10):
    deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt intrepid main #WineHQ - Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex"

For Ubuntu Hardy (8.04):
    deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt hardy main #WineHQ - Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron"

Comment

I added the directory to Adept (the "Hardy" one), but I'm still only seeing 1.0.0 available for download. Also, isn't 1.1.7 an unstable version?
      Sony Vaio VGN NR260E<br />Linux Kubuntu 9.04\Windoze 7 Professional<br /><br />Sony Vaio VPCF1190X<br />Linux Kubuntu 10.04/Windoze 7 Home Premium<br /><br />Linux user #478627

Comment

Originally posted by divide0
        I added the directory to Adept (the "Hardy" one), but I'm still only seeing 1.0.0 available for download. Also, isn't 1.1.7 an unstable version?
        I don't know how unstable their development branch is... I've never had any complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
          I don't know how unstable their development branch is... I've never had any complaints.
          I'm just a little skeptical about developing versions, that's all. But to make a long story short, Adept eventually crashes when I put the link above into the repository list. I could try to "make" 1.1.7...

Comment

If you don't want 1.1.7 from budget dedicated disable or remove the repository.

You will find there is a stable version of wine already in the main repositories - that version should work fine. It will only become available after you remove the repository you added.

Don't waste your time trying to make the file on this one - it's already been done for you.

Comment

I'm just a little skeptical about developing versions, that's all. But to make a long story short, Adept eventually crashes when I put the link above into the repository list. I could try to "make" 1.1.7...
              Did ou get the "hardy main" in there?

Comment

Yes I did. For some reason, it just won't work. Adept will simply crash when trying to receive information about the new added repository...(and Synaptic as well).

As for getting any version of Wine through the repositories (with or without the Wine repository), the only version that shows up is 1.0.0, which I already have.

Comment

Try just
                  Code:
                  deb [url]http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt[/url] hardy main
                  Don't forget the "deb" as well!

This
                  Code:
                  #WineHQ - Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron"
                  is just alternate text for Adept, I believe...

Comment

Hmm...it didn't crash this time, but I'm STILL only seeing Wine 1.0.0. Maybe Winehq hasn't added the update to the repository yet...

Comment

No - when I was running Hardy I was running 1.1 from wine HQ.

At no time have you referred to the authentication key which is referred to here.

http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb

Until you have done that you won't be able to get the package

Is that the problem?

Ian

Comment

I think that's it! I'll try it sometime later when I'm not busy. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry about not posting that instruction earlier... most websites put that information right with the repo address... I never scrolled the 5 lines down to notice. Hope all is fixed now.

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
                            Sorry about not posting that instruction earlier... most websites put that information right with the repo address... I never scrolled the 5 lines down to notice. Hope all is fixed now.
                            Don't worry about it. I should have noticed that. Anyways, everything is updated now! I've noticed that the new update runs a little more smoothly, as well as runs more programs. Thanks to everyone who helped!

Comment

Re: Wine 1.0.1 won't &quot;make&quot; (resolved)

Brill! Glad you got it sorted.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X