This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, im new here... i have a problem with shutdown

Hello all, i have a little problem with shutdown, i use a Compaq laptop v3000 series, when i first installed kubuntu, i could just press the "shutdown" button on the screen and it worked OK, but now when i do the same, the screen turns black and it stays like that forever, i have to press the shutdown button on the laptop to continue with the process, I'm not sure if I'm been clear, i hope someone can help me... I'm new at Linux.
    Thanks to all.

Re: Hi, im new here... i have a problem with shutdown

that's funny i've been having the same problem

Comment

Instead of pressing the On/Off button, try pressing and holding <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Del> at the same time.

To re-boot, hold <Alt> + <SysRQ/Print Screen> down for two - three seconds, then while still holding <Alt> down, press in order: r + s + e + i + u + b, that's rseiub. You will probably need to hold each key down for two - three seconds.

Raising Skinny Elephants Is Unbelievably Boring.
      It should work.

I hope this helps.

Comment

on my system at least it shows that there's some problem with networkmanager hanging at the end of the shutdown sequence and it causing it to just stay at the black screen for that. i'll usually boot log into a tty and do a shutdown now from root to finish it.

Comment

Thanks guys!
          I'll try it later on... :-)

Comment

Working...
          X