This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with fonts needed

I want to sort out the fonts on my system. Firstly, I want to install MS core fonts. I know I can do this via apt but as I have two ubuntus and will want to install the fonts on future ubuntu installs I want to copy the fonts from my windows install into a file which I can then use to install the fonts rather than using apt to download them everytime. The wikipedia page says what the fonts are ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_fonts_for_the_Web ) but doesn't list what the MS packages are actually called. I recently installed Book Antiqua and it needed 4 font files. Is there a list of what the font files in the mscorefonts packages are?

Secondly, ubuntu comes with a large number of fonts installed and I am sure that most of them I will never use. The problem with them being installed is that they appear in every font dialog box. I have seen some other posts about this but no list of what the different fonts are and which ones are important.

Re: help with fonts needed

Regarding the msttcorefonts.... I have a string of apps I want to install on a new kubuntu installation.

Code:
    sudo aptitude install msttcorefonts app1 app2 .....
    Maybe you could do the same in your case?
    Check out my Ⓥegan youtube channel PlantSugar
    CV and gallery at grn.dk
    Please add [SOLVED] to topic subject when topic is solved.

Comment

Re: help with fonts needed

I think that if you were to follow Rog131's guide to keeping a local repository on-disk or elsewhere, you would be able to install them via Adept if you added the address to your sources.list.

Rog131's excellent guide is here: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3087550.0

You would of course have to install them first.

Comment

Working...
      X