This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keramic windows decorations.

I have for some time been using the Keramic style, it looks good to me.

Today i decided for a change of decoration, i usually use Crystal with transparency, and overlay glass on the title bar. That's just me.

After a while things seemed to slow down, and realising that i had forgotten to start Gkrellm, fired it up to see if i'd got anything hogging the CPU. I found to my astonishment that it was running at 100%, occasionally dropping to 99%.
    After a log-out it remained the same, and even after a re-boot, so i started fiddling with things.... yes, it still works.

The only thing i had changed was the looks, so i re-applied a previous theme (Keramic/Crystal) and CPU use dropped to the normal 2% - 12%.

With experimentation, i found that the 100% useage only occurs when i apply Keramic window decorations, and it runs at 100% no matter what style i apply.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it a local phemonemon?

Re: Keramic windows decorations.

Originally posted by aged hippy
    With experimentation, i found that the 100% useage only occurs when i apply Keramic window decorations, and it runs at 100% no matter what style i apply.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it a local phemonemon?
    switching between polyester and keramik window decoration does not eat cpu here

Comment

Re: Keramic windows decorations.

Thank you for trying it.

Strangely, it has been working normally - with Keramic - today, but instead, it is Serenity which hogs the CPU.

I've tried it three times today, with re-boots in-between, and it is consistent.
      Oddly, i can use Powder with no problems - so long as i apply it before i apply Serenity, but if i apply Serenity first, the usage doesn't drop when i apply Powder, but as soon as i apply another decoration, it drops to normal again.

It is a local problem, but i've no idea what may be causing it, so i'll continue with what works.

Thanks, once again, for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X