This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost the Alt+F2 sortcut!

After installing compiz and messing with it around i no longer have the Alt+F2 shortcut for launching things!! It seems that something with emerald must have caused the problem. Any idea? Compiz is working fine, and now i try to make screenlets work.

Re: Lost the Alt+F2 sortcut!

KDE4?

In Intrepid, I refer to Compiz as the "Alt-F2 Disabler".

I do not know how to make both Alt-F2 and Compiz run in a KDE 4.1 environment -- I think we're still awaiting a fix for it.

Comment

Not in kde4 though... Screenlets don't work as well. Is there a bug known for 8.04 and compiz?

Comment

These compiz/Alt-F2 problems go back some months, AFAIK. In this bug report is a claimed workaround -- I haven't tried it. Maybe you can try it and report on how well it works:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...iz/+bug/219163

Comment

Re: Lost the Alt+F2 sortcut! [SOLVED]

Confirm the solution!

Launch ccsm and under the General->Key Bindings set the Run Dialog to Alt+F6. Then go to Commands Tab and set the Command line 0 to "dcop kdesktop KDesktopIface popupExecuteCommand" and set the Run Command 0 to Alt+F2. This should do the trick!!!

Comment

Huh -- well, I'm glad it worked for the 8.04 system. Unfortunately, for 8.10, it's still no-go. I went over the linked instructions twice -- it just doesn't "take" here. But it didn't hurt anything, either. Maybe I'll poke around in ccsm and see if there's something else to try -- clearly Compiz is interfering with the KDE key combos.

Comment

Working...
            X