Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Uninstall Firefox GTK scrollbar fix?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Uninstall Firefox GTK scrollbar fix?

Hey gang, here's to hoping someone can help me out.

I use a darker color scheme (wonton soup, if you're interested) to go easy on my eyes, and in most applications, the scheme works perfectly. But Firefox seems to have trouble processing it for some objects--my scrollbar, while present, is almost the same color as its background, and in a handful of websites I visit, the comment forms or forum posting boxes are all but illegible because the windows are almost as dark as the text. I have tried hand-altering the colors I thought were the right ones to make these few sites more legible, but nothing works.

In an effort to correct this, I installed the gtk-qt-engine and in System Settings, clicked the "Install Scrollbar Fix" button, and clicked the "Use My KDE style in GTK applications." Now, my firefox seems to be even harder to read--it has adopted a very light scheme, with only slightly darker text for the buttons and tabs, and while it's nice to see the scrollbar, I'm seeing even fewer comment forms and posting boxes because more of them seem to still be adopting that dark-on-dark color scheme from somewhere! And now, on several sites, the radio buttons are surrounded by white squares, as if they're not processing transparency properly.

And some of my other apps have also adopted this light scheme, presumably because they are gtk based.

How do I get back to where I was before. It was annoying, but not glaringly so. This is glaringly annoying and giving me a headache. Any help is appreciated. Here are my specs:

KDE4 Hardy
    Compiz-Fusion
    Emerald
    KDE Colors - Wonton Soup
    Under "GTK Styles and Fonts" settings are:
    Use my KDE style in GTK apps
    Use my KDE fonts in GTK apps
    Install Scrollbar Fix was clicked in "Firefox and Thunderbird"

Re: How to Uninstall Firefox GTK scrollbar fix?

have you tried just uninstalling the gtk-qt-engine to get back to where you were previously?
    since you said that is what caused more problems.
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Working...
    X