This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4 icon themes

Okay, I found some icons I really really like, but I they're not set up correctly to be used as an icon theme in either kde 3 or 4. Search though I might, I can't find any information to help me manually fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks much!

Re: KDE4 icon themes

Originally posted by Death Kitten
    Okay, I found some icons I really really like, but I they're not set up correctly to be used as an icon theme in either kde 3 or 4. Search though I might, I can't find any information to help me manually fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks much!
    I had a script of some sort that would automatically create the different sizes for KDE3 icon themes... I think it is on my Windows box right now though... it's been a long time since i played with those...

Post some more details on what exactly it is you have...

Edit: This might be it...

Might be better (newer)

Might be helpful as well

Comment

Re: KDE4 icon themes

I'll look a the first two links when I'm a little more awake and up for the project (likely will be on one of my next days off, wednesday and thursday next week, but sometimes I surprise myself by getting in the mood to fix things after a day at work). The third link, I'd found already and it wasn't any help as it was looking to convert from kde3 icon sets to kde4 icon sets, and what I have is a collection of icons that would constitute a theme, if they were named and labeled correctly for kde to recognize them.

The set seems to just describe what each thing is for, what size it is, but doesn't have any sort of order or naming scheme that kde recognizes.

I tried to dig around for an existing icon set my hard drive, but I seem to be blind and can't find where the kde4 icon themes are kept on my harddrive. They're not in the .kde4 folder in my home directory and the folder with icon sets I found look to all be kde3 sets. I suppose I could use the kde3 -> kde4 converter on one of those and look at the output to model the set I want after.

Comment

Working...
      X