This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No icons in systray

I've resently switched from Ubuntu to Kubuntu (with KDE 4) mostly 'cos i like the new KDE 4 look.
    But i have no icons in my systray, the tray is there. (I can add and remove "new" systray widgets without any problems, and it looks like the icons "take" place in the systray but they aren't there).

Tried to google about it but can't get any good info.

Attached Files

Re: No icons in systray

Hi,

Delete the .kde4 folder in your home directory - you might want to back it up first though.

Cheers,

Comment

Cheers! that worked, now i only need to configure everthing again :| lol

Comment

I've found that I am having a similar problem in Kubuntu 8.04 with KDE 3.5.9, and it manifests in two ways:

1.) At startup, the system tray will a.) show all of the icons normally, b.) show one or two of the normal 4-6 icons, or c.) show none of the icons, and

2.) In the case of (a), all of the icons will be present, but will simply disappear (usually after using a package manager, but at other seemingly random times, as well).

This is something that developed fairly recently, and the problem is intermittent - sometimes the icons last for mere minutes, and sometimes they remain for many hours. When this happens, the icons do not appear in the "visible/hidden" configuration window. I can make it return to normal by removing and re-adding the applet. I've also tried locking the panel, but this does not eliminate the problem.

Of course, I'd rather have the system tray show all of the icons, all of the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
        Hardware: Toshiba Satellite A205-S4607<br />OS: Kubuntu 11.10 (KDE 4.7.2), Windows Vista Home Premium (SP 2)

Comment

Working...
        X