This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same installation, different results - [Solved]

Okay, I am still new to linux but I think I am getting used to it. When I first installed Kubuntu and did the full upgrade, all my videos files played just fine, even the wmv, flv and much more, even the firefox played flash media without me doing anything to it. After having some trouble with compiz and my pain in the neck video card drivers, I decided to reformat and start from scratch, the only difference is that I first installed ndiswrapper first and then did the full upgrade in adept manager. Now I have to install flash for firefox manually, the wmv files will not play in kaffeine player, and the mic wont work either, I do not want to reformat for the third time but if I must, I will.
    Just wanted to post this info out there as a reference, I do not know if anyone else has had this happen to them before. Any info might help if this is true or not, but this is all I can remember as a difference of the installation.

Re: Same installation, different results

You may want to go to Medibuntu. They'll show you how to install the repos in Adpet Manger. From there, you should be able to get all that working.

http://www.medibuntu.org/

Also make sure you have libxine1-ffmpeg installed.

Comment

Thank you so much, now I am able to play WMV on Kaffeine player and in others too. Thanks a million, I am so happy

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

Comment

Glad that helped! And the link to the Hlp portion will help others who find this thread. Just so those users know it is a good helpful thread, go to your first post and click Modify. Then add [Solved] in the Subject line.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X